[kj] OT: rip off britain? jamie youre right

killing joke akillingjoker at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 17:36:41 EDT 2004

yep mate
wish i'd stuck £200 on greece at 9 to 2 though
shit!!!!

fat potanga <fatpotanga at hotmail.com> wrote:
Very OT this but it may be of interest to someone, somewhere... (Zzzzzzzzzz)

We're ripped off so much in the UK, but it didn't dawn on me how much until
recently.
eg..
I just bought a new guitar - £400 in UK shops, not bad thought I, but out of
curiosty I had a mooch online and find them being sold in Germany for £285
including all UK taxes and only £10 to ship it over!
Whilst on holiday the other week I was looking at digital cameras, same
story.
Model for model they cost in Euros what we'd pay in pounds here.
Crazy.

It's opened my tightly shut eyes to the virtues of buying from abroad and
if yer thinking of getting stuff, I'd seriously consider looking to the rest
of Europe first.