[kj] What dreams may come

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 1 10:46:43 EDT 2004

Anyone ever have warped KJ-related (but I repeat
myself) dreams? I had one last night and need to get
it out of my system:

I was at a small KJ gig and for some reason had to
fill in on guitar. (I know maybe three chords, don't
own/desire a guitar, and I wouldn't exactly desire a
Joke gig without Geordie on guitar, you know?). Very
bizarre. I was shit, of course, and Jaz yelled at me
quite a bit. Apparently I had done it before alright
(though Jaz said, "You screwed up the Milwaukee show,
too" which I contradicted, "Pardon, but that was your
drunk ass").

The kicker was, apparently the biggest reason I was
crap was because it was mostly new material--for the
next album, I assumed. But a look at the set list
revealed very unJoke-like titles: aside from Fall of
Because, Frenzy (the only one I played well, ha) and
Total Invasion, there was also "Honky," "Barbecue,"
"Taekwondo," and something like "The Way of the
Limit," plus others I can't remember. Nostradamus I am
not. Don't remember how those sounded.

Just typical: a Joke gig turns up in my dream yet it
sucks. Why couldn't I have been drummer? Or simply at
a gig? Why couldn't the song titles be more probable?
One of several crappy dreams lately...had to rescue my
parents from a housefire in one a few nights ago. Must
be 'cause I'm getting married in a few weeks. Oh, doc,
what's it all mean?