[kj] Demos

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 1 09:32:28 EDT 2004

Sorry, late to be weighing in with these.

They're both interesting snapshots, if you will, but I think the chorus
of "Silent Rage" is really quite weak. "Future Shock" is a bit meatier,
but both lack the intensity of the tracks that ended up on the album.
It may seem like a bizarre comparison, but I find them a bit like
Michael Moore's book, "Stupid White Men" in that since they were
conceived, written and executed *BEFORE* September 11, 2001, they don't
have as much impact (pardon the pun) as they might've had they been
executed post-event (like the rest of the album).

They sound very much like what they are....unfinished sketches, and owe
more to "Our Last Goodbye," "Drug", "Hollywood Babylon" and "Mass" than
to the material that ended up on the album (which, incidentally, I'm
finding myself spinning regularly again...it *does* age well).

Just my two cents.

Alex in NYC