[kj] virus nasties

ade gathering@misera.net
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:39:13 -0000

In fact, ignore the to & from addresses - they're spoofed, ie. the resulting
mails can appear to be To or From ANYONE.

These things are a pain in the ring - people at work getting on my back
about the spoofed emails from pseudo-'them' bouncing back into their
mailboxes, or people getting warnings that they've sent out a
virus/worm/whatever.

It doesn't exactly make the day fly by...

ade/mcn

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net]On
Behalf Of mik raven
Sent: 30 January 2004 10:00
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] virus nasties

According to the Network Associates web site

"Do not assume that the sender address is an indication that the sender is
infected.  Additionally you may receive alert messages from a mail server
that
you are infected, which may not be the case."

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm

Both my personal and work email addresses have "apparently" been the senders
of
this virus without either PC being switched on and both having been found to
be
free of the virus.

Mik