[kj] this week I have mostly been listening to...

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:10:50 -0500

Jokers,

I'm at work today, which is a sorry state of affairs. The only plus side is that it means I can sit hear listening to music. Today's CDs are:

Killing Joke
what's THIS for...!
Fire Dances
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Pandemonium

I don't often listen to KJ on headphones, so it's been quite interesting to hear it like that. I've been imagining what it must have been like to hear the first album back in 1980 for the very first time. (Any older jokers care to reminisce?) The opening keyboards on Requiem, followed after what seems like ages by Geordie's wicked guitar... fantastic. Seems fresh today, 24 years later (and, err, 21 years since I first heard it).

Right now it's the fall of because. Another blinding opener for, well, another blinding album.

Laters jokers.

Jamie

PS Sorry about Scarborough, Jon. Are you homeless now?