[kj] geordie's bel delay/repro

ade gathering@misera.net
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:22:47 -0000

I have to say I've found earlyish 'digital' delays are nowhere near what
they are today in term of signal loss. A great example of this was an old
EH Memoryman I tried - softened the sound up quite nicely - lovely effect :)

Made an AC30 actually sound quite good!

hADEs

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net]On
Behalf Of Mark Kolmar
Sent: 23 January 2004 03:03
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] geordie's bel delay/repro

I would think the digital delay -- from 1984 -- would add the least
character out of the whole setup.  Particularly going into those very
distinctive amps.  Not to mention the guitar...

Among a few other pieces of old and in some cases also cheap digital fx
units, I have a Yamaha REX50 that I haven't bothered with in some time.
  Should plug that in again and see what it adds or subtracts.

--Mark

/