[kj] VINYL TO MP3?

Lucy Cornwell gathering@misera.net
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:44:47 -0000

Don't confess you can do it as you'll end up like me ....with a big stack of
mums vinyl to convert..
To be honest I can cope with the carpenters but Cleo Lane is a bit much...
I use Magix Audio cleaning Lab (cheap and easy) with a Creative Audigy
soundcard, deck and amp. I did try a deck off an old midi stereo but
everything ended up with a horrendous buzz over it so I had to nick the deck
off the main stereo.
Audio lab lets you record straight to cd or convert to mp3 which is ideal
for what I wanted to achieve.

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net]On
Behalf Of scott.lambeth@hic.gov.au
Sent: 23 January 2004 02:51
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] VINYL TO MP3?

Thanks Mik.  My Mum asked me how to do this just the other day...

-S

"Mik Raven" <mik.raven@dial.pipex.com>@misera.net on 23/01/2004 10:14:07

Please respond to gathering@misera.net

Sent by:    gathering-admin@misera.net

To:    <gathering@misera.net>
cc:

Start by downloading Musicmatch Jukebox ( http://www.musicmatch.com ).

Connect the output from your Stereo/Record Player  to the line in on your
sound card.

Run the music match software

Go into Options/Recorder/Source and select line  in.

Music match Jukebox will now record MP3s from your  Stereo/Record player.

At a basic level it really is that simple. Even Rob  Moss managed to get
the hang of it ;-)

Mik