[kj] worst ever thread

Jiri gathering@misera.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:50:42 -0800 (PST)

1. worst ever album
I really don't hate any of them...I rotate through
them constantly...but if OTG counts, that's the one
that leaves me feeling empty.

2. worst ever single
I'll take this literally: Democracy -- all those
needless metal/rehash/remixes on the CD single...oh
the beautiful tracks that go unreleased and then I
have to listen to six variations of a "Conspiracy NIN
Militia UN mix"

3. worst ever tracks (other than singles)
Pick your OTG track.

4. worst ever tracks (other than singles and
DEMOCRACY/OTG)
I wouldn't pick a Democracy track, so that's where I'm
coming from (well...maybe Prozac People). Pleasures of
the Flesh, Land of Milk and Honey (it just annoys me),
North of the Border

5. worst ever single cover
All the clown repeats from 2003.

6. worst ever album cover
Fire Dances -- it always freaks me out, but not in a
good way (as in the way WTF! freaks me out). The
albums fonts are cool, but the person on the front
just seems off...reminds me of a Hollywood actor in a
bad photo shoot or something...I'd even prefer KJ2003,
'cause at least that's just bad; Fire Dances makes me
turn away.
But Night Time-BTATS-America collectively are a damn
close second. Does anyone really need a huge closeup
of Jaz's head? On vinyl these are particularly scary.
And three albums in a row? Especially after all the
great artwork from the earlier albums (and no I'm not
just buttering up Colesy, as I understand he's
straight and would reject my advances).

7. worst ever haircut
The Jaz fro-stache combo

8. worst ever riff
Riffs? That's fuzzy, I can't remember having a problem
with any of them...but in the context of the whole
song, North of the Border and Me or You

9. worst ever bassline
I love KJ basslines, when they're discernible...even
the simplest ones can complement the songs so
perfectly. But the blurred bass on Pandamonium-era and
some Democracy songs disappoint me.

10. worst ever bass player

11. worst ever drummer
Atkins, because of his overuse of the symbals. I'm not
denying he could pound, and he probably helped EDVRE
quite a bit, but come on...all those cymbals just to
be heard.

12. worst ever tour

13. worst ever live track
Pssyche (Ha! Not...) Um...Good Samaritan. D&RS was a
bit of a let down live - Didn't have the power I
expected after hearing the album. The only live
recording I've heard of Aeons is a MASSIVE let-down.

14. worst ever photo / photo shoot
The black-n'-white BATS-era (I think) ballet lookin'
shoot. That's downright frightening.

15. worst ever broken promise
The promises of return each of the last 5-6 years

16. worst ever
making-fools-of-themselves-by-playing-into-the-hands-of-their-ememies-in-the-music-press
incident
Releasing anything since Extremities

17. worst ever video
Fire Dances...in fact, of all the songs off that great
album to make a vidoe for, man...but surely there were
pressures to choose a more conventional sounding
single

18. worst ever lyric(s)
Kaliyuga, ha ha. Who Told You How? ha ha, I kill me.
Seriously? Um...Hollywood Babylon.

19. worst ever side project
Outside the Gate. Actually, were it really just a side
project, it's be pretty interesting.