[kj] [OT] Cover Versions

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 15:54:54 EST 2004

--- Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> the phenomenon wherein people
> incorporate certain bits of art/cultural ephemera into their
> life to such an extent that it consumes them (for an extreme
> example of this, take a look at the late Nathan Gale ---
> Pantera meant so much to him that he felt that he had a right
> to go murder someone he considered at fault for breaking them
> up).

  Something else consumed Nathan Gale to motivate him into
killing anyone. The music was a means or vehicle for w/e motives
he had.  Being consumed by art and implying cause is dangerously
close to all those claims that Ozzy's or anyone else's music
"caused my son/daughter to _____________." It makes music the
scapegoat once again.

=====
As the masters rot on walls