[kj] Am I Allowed...?

Pat Tofield pat at latenitelabs.com
Tue Dec 28 14:41:40 EST 2004

Gotta agree with that.....

Ps...hello again....it's been a while

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]
On Behalf Of Christof hamille
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:22 PM
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: [kj] Am I Allowed...?

Should I be upset at the current state of Killing Joke?  Should I feel
uneasy that the people that support them get easily looked over and
squashed?

I am not mad (not now...I was) that they are playing with Motley Crue.
More
disappointed.  Sure they will play larger venues and Raven may very well
be
a good friend of Nikki Sixx.  But so what. I have always been for
diversity.
  I always am for making the crowd think.  The early days of punk and
post-punk showed that you could have two, three, four or more completely

different bands play together and have a great show.  But the big,
significant, difference between those shows (and in all actuality they
still
happen today) is that the audience member is not paying well over $30
and
going to a stadium.  And I do not care who you are or who the band is
there
will always be a siginificant difference between club shows and arena
shows.
  You cannot charge $50 for a club ticket.  You also cannot have the
kind of
lighting and sound system that a stadium can.  So the arguement of
Killing
Joke reaching a wider audience is mute.  People are there to see Motley
Crue.  The only thing getting wider is probably their wallets.

But what upsets me even more is the situation wth Malicious Damage and
An
Irrational Domain.  Not only does the action against these two fans
speak
against everything Killing Joke stand for it also speaks against fans of
any
sort showing their interest in this band.  Now lets be honest here.
HAve
you looked at the Backstreet Merchandise...merchandise.  It would be
cool
(at best) if there was no place like Malicious Damage...but there is.
The
t-shirts are quickly scanned and placed on a shirt without an ounce of
consideration that it is art.  The pins look to be a quick turnover.
Mr.
Coles is not only providing material that is thought through BUT is the
artist behind it.  Does that not say anything??!!?  I am not sure of the

situation in the past between Killing Joke and Mr. Coles but I am
guessing
that his art was not nearly paid the amount it is worth.  Mr. Coles not
only
should have the right to sell this (which is significant in amount) to
survive but also to keep the name alight during many times when the
flame
wasn't even smoldering.  These are quality products that
...unfortunately I
cannot purchase.

Thank you Killing Joke.

It seems that I, somehow, think less of you

sad

Chris