[kj] [OT] Cover Versions

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 28 14:16:44 EST 2004

I have it. Bought it when it came out. It underwhelms me as much now as
it did then. If I want the Minutemen, I'll stick with BUZZ & HOWL,
which remains my favorite. I do love RAGIN' FULL ON by fIREHOSE though.
And, fuck it, BALLOT RESULTS is mighty fine too.

Greg's right about the Huskers and the Replacements, though. Yeah,
they're Yanks, but both bands kicked a man-sized platter of ass in
their day. Both petered out towards the end (I stopped paying attention
to Husker Du after FLIP YOUR WIG, really, and the last fully decent
album by the Replacements was PLEASED TO MEET ME, though DON'T TELL A
SOUL has one or two decent tracks).

Blah blah blah.... In any case, they both rocked, and you're missing
out if you dismiss them.

Alex in NYC