[kj] (OT) cover versions

mattdunn mattdunn at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 25 04:23:37 EST 2004

I'm particularly partial to the cover versions of The Fall, The Ramones
(though their covers album sucked) and The Cramps (who virtually made a
career out of it).

However, a contender for the best ever has to be Jimi Hendrix's version of
All Along The Watchtower.

I also like some of RATM's covers such as Maggie's Farm, and the RHCP's
versions of Higher Ground and If you Want me to stay

Worst cover - anything touched by the hand of Simon Cowell (that karaoke
bloke off the telly -pop idol, or is idle?)