[kj] Fatpotangas Firewatercircus X-mas poll

fatpotanga fatpotanga at SexMagnet.com
Tue Dec 21 04:26:10 EST 2004

a) How many nights a week do you drink?
All seven.
I rarely go out nowadays so I have a beer while I cook the evening repast.
I then usually polish off a bottle of wine - A glass with my food then the
rest chilling.

b) Wu-Tang: Overrated, had a couple of ok moments, or total class?
had a couple of ok moments

c) Before Sunrise: boring dreck, a good tool for getting points with
chicks, or total class?
Que...?

d) Favourite Twilight Zone Episode?
The one with william shatner on the plane.
Actually, it¹s the only one I can remember...

e) Top 5 favourite Christmas films/animated features ?
Shrek
Monsters inc
Bedknobs and broomsticks

f) Do you have any odd/personal Christmas traditions?
No, but my brother in laws family always have a pork pie for breakfast.

g) Bukowski or Burroughs?
No opinion

h) http://www.ummagurau.com/art/russia/index.htm - Is it just me or are
these pictures some of the coolest things you've seen in ages (read the
intro, then go to the "Gallery" bit; it makes it mean far more when you
Know they were pre colour photo's)

Pretty amazing.
Does anyone else think this wouldn¹t look out of place on the WTF...! Cover?
http://www.ummagurau.com/art/russia/ruins2.jpg

i) Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, Revolver, White Album:  Is there some
mathematical formula that can put these into a definitive order once
and for all?
Yes. The calendar.

j) Hammer House of Horrors or Universal Monsters?
Hammer House

k) Back to the Future One, Two or Three?
Never seen the third

l) Any cover versions you can think of that are definitely better than the
originals?
Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower

m) What's the most useless or annoying instrument ever, that puts you
Off listening to something instantly?
Most instruments sound great in the right context, though I occasionally
have a thing about banjo¹s

n) What's the worst Tom Hanks film ever?
Philadelphia, only coz I hate that kind of film

o) If there's one thing someone has borrowed off you and never returned
That you want back more than anything else, what is it?
Clive Barkers Weaveworld.

p) Is/was Springsteen really The Boss?
Hell no, Can¹t stand him, though, somewhat perversely the only track of his
I do like is ŒPhiladelphia²

q) Ever tried Russian beer?
No

r) How about Armenian beer?
Yes. Actually I lied. No.

s) Best record label of all time?
MD!

t) Best new (or new-ish at least) record label?
MD!

u) Most interesting instrument (of all time, or one you have a passing
interest in right now)?
Dunno what it¹s called (does quick search)
Yes I do, the Kora or Akwaaba (
http://www.africacentre.org.uk/akwaba%20kora%20nonframes.htm)
Mori Kante plays Œem and I saw a guy busking with one in Manchester last
week.
I also like a forlorn French horn (alone on the lawn on a winters morn)

v) What computer game has killed more hours of your life than any other?
Unreal Tournament (the birthplace of Fatpotanga) and I¹m currently really
into the Medal of Honour series.

w) Robert Johnson or Django Reinhardt?
Both are gods.
I mean, Django lost most of his fingers in a caravan fire and could play the
most amazing riffs with what, 2 and a bit fingers?!
Stunning.
As for Robert Johnson, no words are needed.

x) Husker Du or the Replacements, and why?
No opinion

y) Greatest moment of your life, and why it was so good?
Birth of my daughter Abbie ­ needs no explanation.

z) Biggest social gaffe you've ever witnessed, done, or heard of?
When I was 18 I once got very drunk at a friends Xmas party which was in a
posh hotel in Birmingham (in May for some bizarre reason)
It was an all expenses paid thing, room, transport, booze.
Anyway, I told true obscene sexual stories to a table of his straight laced
colleagues. Told his managers wife I was off to find a dirty woman to share
my double bed with and then to cap it all, I heckled the MD during his
speeches. In front of about 200 people. And I didn¹t even work there...
Oh the shame...