[kj] ot: HOOTENANNY!

Peter Moltesen moltesen at freenetname.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 12:45:05 EST 2004

No Killing Joke, then ? (again)  ;o)

Peter

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, HOOTENANNY!

NEXT SHOW, FRIDAY 31ST December, 11.10PM, BBC2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

Hello Music Lovers,

We're back with the twelfth annual Hootenanny and have a whole host of
stars to help bring in the New Year. I'll be playing with the world
famous Rhythm And Blues Orchestra again this year and have invited
some very special guests to play along with us. Amy Winehouse, Jamie
Cullum, Eric Clapton, Mavis Staples, Paul Carrack and Ian Hunter will
all be performing with me and the Orchestra.

AMY WINEHOUSE's distinctive and unique voice has gained her many fans
over the last year and her album 'Frank' has been a regular in the top
10 of the album charts. Another jazz sensation of recent times is
JAMIE CULLUM. He's quickly become the biggest selling jazz artist of
all time and I can't wait to join him at the piano. ERIC CLAPTON is
arguably the world's greatest living guitarist; he's been making great
music for over forty years now and I'm really pleased he's going to
join us in the studio.

Soul and gospel legend MAVIS STAPLES will also be on the show
performing classic tracks such as "Respect" and "I'll Take You There";
songs made famous by her ground breaking family, The Staple Singers.
PAUL CARRACK's wonderful voice has been heard on releases by Roxy
Music, Squeeze, Nick Lowe & Mike and the Mechanics. He's also had
great success as a solo artist. Former front man of 70's glamsters
Mott The Hoople, IAN HUNTER, will also help welcome in the New Year
with the Bowie penned classic "All The Young Dudes".

And that's not all we have for you! The band of 2004, FRANZ FERDINAND,
return to the show to play tracks from their Mercury Prize winning
debut album.

NATASHA BEDINGFIELD has also had a great 2004 with a number one single
and album. She was brought up with her three siblings in South London
and was encouraged by her New Zealand parents to sing from a very
early age. The result was this year's 'Unwritten' album.

BASEMENT JAXX have spent 2004 touring their superb 'Kish Kash' album,
a highlight being their performance at Glastonbury. I'm looking
forward to watching them perform on the show once again.

And we'll have RAF HALTON performing "Auld Lang Syne" at midnight in
full Highland dress.

Make sure you tune in on New Year's Eve at 11.10pm on BBC 2.

WHAT'S NEW ON THE WEBSITE:

Find out more about all the artists performing on this year's Hootenanny!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWS:
Read backstage interviews with over thirty artists who have performed
on the last three series of Later…
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/interviews/

--
iPat