[kj] the Firewatercircus X-mas poll

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 18:41:47 EST 2004

I did not compose this poll. Rather, a comrade on the [firewatercircus]
came up with it. It prompted some amusing answers on that end, so I
thought I'd swing it past the Gathering. Some questions may be
Yankcentric, so address accordingly. Enjoy & Merry X-men.

Alex in NYC......

a) How many nights a week do you drink?

b) Wu-Tang: Overrated, had a couple of ok moments, or total class?

c) Before Sunrise: boring dreck, a good tool for getting points with
chicks,
or total class?

d) Favourite Twilight Zone Episode?

e) Top 5 favourite Christmas films/animated features ?

f) Do you have any odd/personal Christmas traditions?

g) Bukowski or Burroughs?

h) http://www.ummagurau.com/art/russia/index.htm - Is it just me or are
these pictures some of the coolest things you've seen in ages (read the
intro, then go to the "Gallery" bit; it makes it mean far more when you
know
they were pre colour photo's)

i) Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, Revolver, White Album:  Is there some
mathematical formula that can put these into a definitive order once
and for
all?

j) Hammer House of Horrors or Universal Monsters?

k) Back to the Future One, Two or Three?

l) Any cover versions you can think of that are definitely better than
the
originals?

m) What's the most useless or annoying instrument ever, that puts you
off
listening to something instantly?

n) What's the worst Tom Hanks film ever?

o) If there's one thing someone has borrowed off you and never returned
that
you want back more than anything else, what is it?

p) Is/was Springsteen really The Boss?

q) Ever tried Russian beer?

r) How about Armenian beer?

s) Best record label of all time?

t) Best new (or new-ish at least) record label?

u) Most interesting instrument (of all time, or one you have a passing
interest in right now)?

v) What computer game has killed more hours of your life than any other?

w) Robert Johnson or Django Reinhardt?

x) Husker Du or the Replacements, and why?

y) Greatest moment of your life, and why it was so good?

z) Biggest social gaffe you've ever witnessed, done, or heard of?