[kj] A Choice of Carcass?

Graeme Rowland crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 12:15:12 EST 2004

 Hail My Retro Glam Troubadours!

Of course I was only jokin' about selling all my
Killing Joke discs, even though the temptation to use
the dosh to tool up with some lighter disguised guns
courtesy of Longsight's Syrian Mafia for use against
glam wreck soft metal bores was one that had me in its
grasp for a while.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Wembley gig was
drastically undersold, and if over half the crowd left
after The Joke?

Looking on the bright side, perhaps the Joke will
deign to do some warm up gigs for this prestigious
hair spray queen stadium bash? If they have time,
maybe they could visit Manchester studio for a jam
with Badly Drawn Boy? I'm sure the extra exposure
would be brighter than a thousand hums!

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I purchased a copy of
the Democracy CD single for just a quid from,
appropriately enough, Empire Emporium.

Can some eminent student of Jokerology inform me as to
whether there were any more Carcass remixes of Killing
Joke, as I find the Rooster mix of Democracy to be an
improvement on the original (which veers a little too
close to the middle of the road).

I'd like to hear what Carcass could do to
ANOTHER BLOODY ELECTION!

I used to see Carcass the razor gargling medical
emergency metal combo quite a bit in the orbit of
Planet X, that old street Temple in the Pool of Life.

So how about some Carcass supports as warm ups for the
glam preener stint?

Does anyone know why Killing Joke don't play Implant
or Inferno live?

Not enough hairspray or porn stars around in those
songs perhaps?

=====
Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert