[kj] Radio 1 actually likes Killing Joke!

Phil phil.tofield at virgin.net
Tue Dec 7 12:19:13 EST 2004

Hello again Jokesters,
Its a long time since Ive posted anything to the gathering, been busy
rebuilding my studio, which is looking and sounding very cool at the
moment. Got a couple of tracks finished now, but cant post them
anywhere yet as Ive changed ISP's, and I havent got the broadband
connection sorted out yet.

Anyway, on to the on-topic part. Did anyone else happen to hear Radio
1's Essential mix last saturday, by Black Strobe? They did a trance
mix of Primitive, which took me by surprise as I was just about to
turn the radio off and go to bed. I managed to get a mate to record it
for me from the radio 1 website, so I'll post it somewhere if anyones
interested in hearing it (when Ive got the broadband set up, I'd
forgotten how slow and irritating a dial-up connection is!). If you're
not into the other joke dance remixes, you probably wont like this
either, but I quite enjoyed it, and a few others might too.

Has the London show sold out? I still havent sorted out my ticket yet,
so I hope not.
cheers
phil