[kj] Squirrel = Beanbag (Not Metaphor)

Graeme Rowland crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 10:57:11 EST 2004

I paid witness to six Shellac gigs. Steve Albini SPOKE
about the coolness of old people. Bob Weston insulted
a tout en route to hotel. Lulabelle and Squirrel were
dirty dancing at the Dog and Pony Show. Squirrel found
his new home in Trainer's bass drum. During the final
SPOKE Steve and Bob dismembered Todd's kit as he
continued to
PLAY THE DRUM!

Perhaps it comes as no surprise that Shellac drumer
Todd Trainer's favourite PJ Harvey album is 'Rid of
Me' and that he likes Killing Joke.

What a day at Camber! Wolf Eyes were punishing,
Lightning Bolt the best I'd heard 'em, Minutemen
tighter and more wired than London and Shellac as
cool/funny as usual. TG were awesome, and dedicated
their resurrection to the late Jhon Balance who had an
accident in his home.

=====
Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert