[kj] Punk gig on the 12th (UK Subs & the Fulham Greyhound)

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Sat Dec 4 05:15:06 EST 2004

I went to The Puzzle pub on the Fulham Palace Road last Tuesday before and
after the Fulham vs Chelsea cup tie. The pub is a somewhat renovated Fulham
Greyhound, where I saw my first gig back in April 1980, which happened to be
the mighty UK Subs. Something that not many people know (myself included
before that Tuesday evening) is that the Fulham Greyhound is where the North
London noise merchants Silverfish were formed back in 1988. Fuzz, Chris P
and Stu had gone along to see their majestic friends My Bloody Valentine,
who played that evening as support to The Pastels. Of course, MBV played a
blinder (well, Fuzz would say that) but as the chaps stood there watching
unworthy headiners The Pastels, Fuzz said "For fucks sake, with shite like
this playing gigs, I think we should form our own band and show 'em how to
do it" (or words to that effect) ... and Silverfish were born ! Regards,
Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *