[kj] 'Let's All Go!' To The Gathering- XMAS PISS UPS!

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Sat Dec 4 04:57:28 EST 2004

Amongst the sad porno spamsters on The Gathering Message Board I found this
one :

http://www.misera.net/gathering/board/messages/15024.html

'Let's All Go!' To The Gathering- XMAS PISS UPS!

Posted by John 'The Thug' on December 03, 2004 at 18:57:47: (193.82.99.130)

jah Wobble (aka John 'The Thug' Wardle) and his English Roots band, PIL, The
Damage Manual at The 100 Club! Oxford St, London Tuesday 7th December 2004!
Maybe guest appearances by John Lydon, Geordie Walker and Martin Atkins!
Wobbles new best of CD album 'I Could Have Been A Contender' out now in the
shops, including remixes of PIL's 'Public Image', 'Careering',
'Chant',etc. Maybe Wobble,Atkins and Geordie will do a live rendition of
'Bloodsport' for us Jokers?! www.30hertzrecords.com/jahwobbl.htm
http://www.invisiblerecords.com/bands/damage/index.asp
Sat 11th December- Daddy Those Men Scare Me live at Barnet (see posts
elsewhere)
Sunday 12th December- WASTED UK PUNK IS BACK! All Day Festival with: The
Damned (liked by Jaz amazingly!),UK Subs, Sham 69(Hope its not like their
Rainbow Theatre last stand Riot 20 odd years ago!),999,Hazel O'Connor and
the Subterraneans, Splodenessabounds and more TBC!
www.holidaysinthesun.net/ (Let's hope they book KJ to play with The
Stranglers, ThE Damned and New Model Army at their Summer UK and USA
Festivals! I've heard on the Punk Zine grapevine the organisers are looking
into it- fingers crossed! 2,000+ KJ fans to add to the 5,000+ who usually
turn out!!!)
The Stranglers (back from Iceland by then!) Saturday 10th December 2004,
Shepherds Bush Empire. 25th Anniversary Show too!! Hugh Cornwell's
autobiography mentions KJ Iceland, etc! www.stranglers.net/
New Model Army playing soon (Robert Heaton RIP- Remember their excellent
'England is the 51st State of America' single- too bloody right! Green Day
have the right attitude though with their 'American Idiot' single and they
are Yanks themselves!) www.newmodelarmy.org/
Come on KJ lets get it on! How about a show with The Cure, The Stranglers,
Siouxsie, New Model Army and HEADCOUNT in Hyde Park or Finsbury Park in the
Summer?! The Goth Punks are back!! The 'EIGHTIES' RETURN!!