[kj] RE: replies to my intro

Rob Martin robmartin at bluebottle.com
Tue Aug 31 17:04:59 EDT 2004

My replies to the two replies (if that makes sense):

>From: PRAEst76 <praest76 at escapism.co.uk>
>Some friends are basically going on a pilgrimage to see Rush at, erm...
>Wembley is it? Next month? Personally I can enjoy some of their stuff
>but find Geddy Lee's singing annoying much of the time.

Yeah - I'm off to see Rush twice in the next couple of weeks.
I didn't get into Rush until I was about 30. That's the biggest mistake I
ever made.
I hate preaching about music but there ain't nothing that comes anywhere
close to the quality of Rush's lyrics and music.

>From: "peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com>

>I see no problem with your application form.....................apart from
>Rush............I thought only geography teachers and Canadians liked
>Rush.As Sade1 has admitted liking The Bay City Rollers I dont see how we
can
>refuse you on that issue alone,So as long as you dont Support Man Ure,Then
>you are welcome to stay.

Oh well, I'm not going to preach anymore, honest.
I was grateful to the guy who got me into KJ, and I was very grateful to the
guy who got me into Rush.
I know at least two other people who love both.
I certainly don't follow Man Utd, but I can't be arsed with the standard
hating of them. I save all my hatred for the 'c' word. I don't like actually
saying it or writing it in full but they bought three of our (WHU) best
players.

Regards

Rob Martin