[kj] o/t son of Thatcher

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 14:49:47 EDT 2004

So, have they succeeded, then?
   Scary shit to think where it can go.  I’ve never heard or
read A muslim to want Sjari’a law in order to move the muslim
world forward into the future. but only for the exact opposite.

>From a quick net-search,

 “The province of Ontario has authorized the use
of sharia…with such matters as property, marriage,
divorce, custody and inheritance. The arbitrators can
be imams, …there is no third-party oversight,…”

“The law permitting a sharia court was passed in
1991,… including arbitration conducted on religious principles.
Jewish courts have operated in the province this way for many
years. “
“…sharia and using an imam…is perfectly acceptable…”

http://www.youmeworks.com/sharia_canada.html
(the last sentence in the articleis the real reason,)

“It involves inheritance, divorces and family matters and the
Sharia law is a distinct disadvantage to Muslim women and they
will be pressured.

“could decree unequal inheritance for women because Shariah
states that a son inherits twice as muchas a daughter. “

Nobody thinks the extreme sections of the Sharia law will be
carried out,…But still, if Canada accepts this, it means it will
give credibility to the sharia law around the world."

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/8AD9D094-4356-4428-BE23-2A6C1FAA19E6.htm

I can’t believe we dropped the ball on this one…I can’t wait for
Los Angeles to catch up with the times……….

Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote:

If the extremists get their way.........

Bit of a catch all that Pete. You were saying that it "looks
like they could succeed" when in actual fact it's not is
it.?Extremeists don't really get their way in western democracys
do they

=====
To all the rain and the thunder
I'm headed into the sun,