[kj] OT: "End of the Century"

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 26 14:40:18 EDT 2004

So, I finally saw this today. Anyone else? Not a wild departure from
what you might expect. Nor any great surprises. Johnny was a
dictatorial tyrant, and the rest were largely luckless dysfunctionals.
Definetely for fans, but I can't see anyone without a real interest in
the band giving a damn (not a "Some Kind of Monster", I guess....though
I've yet to see that). The archival footage is nice, but nothing you've
never seen before. Richie Ramone looks an investment banker now.

It's tone is rather muted and dour overall.

What'd you think?

Alex in N YC