[kj] O/T Interpol

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:00:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:30:21 +0100, PRAEst76 <praest76 at escapism.co.uk> wrote:
> bluce ree wrote:
>
>  > didnt bother with Trilogy, purely cos of cash (lack of).  would dig the
> > first disk for deffo.  Disintegration is great but i can only listen to
> > it every once in a while.  Bloodflowers live... yawn...
>
> I thought the concept of the dark 'Trilogy' was shameless. As if
> Bloodflowers even comes close to the same level as those two albums.

The band probably thinks so. This stuff is close to our hearts in a
totally different way than Robert Smith must hear it.

I haven't got around to actually watching the damn _Trilogy_ DVD. What
I'm told is _Bloodflowers_ actually comes across better there live,
while _Disintegration_ isn't all it could be, and _Pornography_ works
fine.  These packages are usually cheapest the day they come out,
which is why I grab 'em and don't worry if they don't get their spins
right away.

Yes, the Orange VCD is stereo. Not the best sound mix you ever hear,
but it's stereo.  The encoding really isn't bad, comparable to VHS.

--Mark