AW: [kj] O/T Interpol

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 16:40:25 EDT 2004

...BUT for all of the bitching
everyone is doing about them give me Interpol ANYDAY over the pop and
contrived rock ,metal, (and now) punk crap that is being plugged on popular
radio.

Fair comment matey - I'm afraid the aping of Joy Division aggrovates me
enough to kick-off :)

is Simon even in the band anymore?

Yes indeed! I just get the feeling they've been avoiding what they do so
well - massive intensity has been in decline since (& including) Wish.
If Fat Bob wants to do something else, do it as a side-project maybe.

On a different slant, I never really got the idea that they're miserable.
Nasty & intense yes, but miserable? They don't get *me* down. I always
found live material breath-taking.

ade666