[kj] O/T Interpol

bluce ree bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 15 15:22:16 EDT 2004

although Rob Smith and Simon Gallup are as great as ever I think the band really misses the input of Porl and Boris from the 80s/90s lineup.

there still isnt a band or guitar who can top the old 10 minute + versions of A Forest.  best guitar playing ever.  see their live 'Show' video for evidence of that.

going back to Interpol.  I find myself suprised at how good their Obstacle 1 single is even if I'm unconvinced by them at the same time.

P Bernardi <phantasmas at erols.com> wrote:
On a scale of 10, I would give the new Cure a 7.  Its a good album, far from my favorite but recommendable. I will say the live versions of the new stuff played really helped my liking the new album.

ade wrote:
You read my mind!

As for Fat Bob, what's the new stuff like? Is it as sh!te as that Bloodflowers rubbish? I've read some good reviews but people don't seem to want the intensity as much as I.

ade.