[kj] Florida gatherers & Hellenic holidays

Peter Adams praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 06:59:47 EDT 2004

Patrick Davies wrote:

> I miss a lot of posts thanks to the company's swearing filter, but I can
> play about with the signatures.

Bloody facism. Swearing is a gift from god. It's a proven fact that
people who aren't exposed to a reasonable amount of swearing or who
don't swear themselves tend to need to masturbate more furiously until
they hurt themselves. They are also 34% more likely to go nutzoid and
kill people.

Plus it's just another example of individual responsiblity being denied.
It's up to the individual to learn to moderate their language in certai
nsituations. Taking this responsibility away fro mthem just results in
them losing the ability to be judgemental about it. Wereby they end up
swearing like troopers with tourettes or losing the ability to swear and
becoming one of the above nutters.

> Personally id ban any hyperlinks in signatures ; )

They are only a problem with html email. Which I'd ban. and the excuse
people have of it advancing the email system giving folks the ability to
format and prettify their mails is bollocks because hardly anyone ever
does. The only people who regularly benefit from html emails are the
people who write internet worms.

--
Peter