[kj] Florida gatherers & Hellenic holidays

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Thu Aug 12 17:01:44 EDT 2004

... and on that note :

Heat waves set to become 'brutal'

Heat waves in the 21st Century will be more intense, more frequent and
longer lasting, US experts report in the journal Science.

Meanwhile, on the eve of the Athens 2004 games, some of you may be
interested to hear that filming of the "Planespotting" drama, which
documents my fateful trip to Greece in November 2001, starts in Portugal in
a month's time. Indeed, probably due to my own eccentricities (manic gig
goer & football fan), I've been chosen as one of the 5 (from 14) main
characters, to dwell on family stuff like with the effect on my teenage
daughter. Anyway, met up with folks from Granada TV today & they plan to
deck out my character in a Killing Joke t-shirt. Oh yes ! Might be portrayed
as a bit of a Hi-Fidelity type, which is a damn sight better than the
stereotypical saddo anorak bedwetter image some sections of the media were
keen to promote. Anyway, a 2 hour drama loosely "based" upon events in
Kalamata & Nafplio is due on TV screens in the UK during early 2005.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *