[kj] OT a most august Poll

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 05:00:47 EDT 2004

Hello chaps, I've been a way for a week and Hotmail is full and has not
delivered since Aug 3. Any news re tours/CDs etc, please?

1. Name
Nick

2. Reached 30 yet?
Yes, but still waiting for voice to break

3. Kids?
No, I'm way too immature.

4. Location
London

5. Fave KJ song
Today I'll go for The Hum

6. Fave KJ album
Today I'll go for KJ2

7. Fave KJ member
The jester backdrop circa 1983

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the
next one
The passion

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the
next one
A guest drummer.

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?
Why don't we book a room above a bar, market the gig, sell tickets, and hold
the band to it.

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD
(like the cassette)?
yes

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th
anniversary?
Not keen on LLB but yes, go for it.

13. Would it chart again?
I doubt it but it would be cool if it did.

14. Most under-rated KJ song
Adorations (it only got to number 42 in the charts)

15. Most over-rated
I think all of Dirt... is over-rated, though I like that one about "Time
keeps ticking..." but I forget the title.

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ
Joy Division, Sex Pistols with Sid

17. Last album you bought
I bought Death of Cleopatra by Berlioz about two weeks ago. I'm not a
classical fan but it's alright.

18. Last film you saw
I can't remember but it might have been that crap with Jack Nicholson and
Diane Keaton - and it was absolutely f***in w**k.

19. Last book you read
My favourite subject. Bonfire of the Vanities. Currently reading 'The
Philosopher's Stone' which is a history of alchemy by historian Peter
Marshall (IIRC). Obviously he's semi-milking the Harry Potter thing but he's
a good serious writer.

20. Next album you're going to listen to
I don't buy pop/rock music much anymore unless its updating vinyl. I know
that's crap but it just is... People say I should get Franz Ferdinand, so I
think I will.

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
I'm not arsed about any of them.

22. Your all-time favourite bands
  Killing Joke, U2, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry (they had a new website recently
but I can't find it now) New Order, Stray Cats, Bill Hailey and the Comets,
Happy Mondays.

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"...

Excluding conventional KJ discs:

-Courtald Talk
-Substance, New Order
-Something Asian with sitars on it
-Beethoven's 9th
-Something by Leonard Bernstein
-Bummed, Happy Mondays
-Now Thats What I Call Latin Music Volume I
-Some flamenco, perhaps Paco Pena.