[kj] OT a most august Poll

Stephen Robinson heiferboy at robinsonworld.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 15:48:50 EDT 2004

1. Name
Stevie Robbo

2. Reached 30 yet?
Alas so.

3. Kids?
No thanks, I've just eaten.

4. Location
Widnes.

5. Fave KJ song
Turn to Red, well it was the last one to have it's choon come into my head.

6. Fave KJ album

It use to be the first, but now I'm a bit of a tart and flick between them
all.

7. Fave KJ member

The bass players. I lOVE THEM ALL!! Told you I was a tart.

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one
I liked the return to an sound like their early stuff, but updated think
Implant

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one

Power chords, and management.

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?

The 30th might.

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the
cassette)?

No. What a daft idea, they are 2 very seperate things, combining will add
nothing, When HA! comes out it should have the rest of the gig added, or as
much as they can dig out. And stick the live version of "Fall of Because" on
it.

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th
anniversary?

Only if they would want to be seen as 80s throwbacks.

13. Would it chart again?

Does number 41 in the Hit parade count?

14. Most under-rated KJ song

Democracy

15. Most over-rated

Wardance, Requiem, The Wait, I mean great songs and all that, but do they
have to play them EVERY time?

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ

Throbbing Gristle, Joy Division, Jah Wobble era PIL. Sorry, you mean fantasy
line up didn't you?

17. Last album you bought

Pan-American's Quiet City

18. Last film you saw
Err... Don't really go for films, being watching a lot of the Avengers
recently though.

19. Last book you read

Gibsons' Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (book 1 only)

20. Next album you're going to listen to
I am Disco's Rhyhm King and her friends

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
Loads and loads.

22. Your all-time favourite bands
Loads and loads and loads.

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"

I really need a couple of weeks to think about this!

---