[kj] OT a most august Poll

Brian wittz at starsandmoon.plus.com
Fri Aug 6 07:36:02 EDT 2004

1. Name
Brian Whitehead

2. Reached 30 yet?
Forty bloody one (today as it happens)
Off on the raz tonight which means I'll be asleep by 10pm with the HiFi blasting away and a half eaten pizza on the floor.

3. Kids?
Emma (sleep is bad) Whitehead - 11 months

4. Location
Manchester UK aka whippet land  the home of OAFC and proper pies.

5. Fave KJ song
Empire Song

6. Fave KJ album
Whats This For...

7. Fave KJ member
No faves

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one
Very very good songs

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one
Easy one this - the absolutely crap artwork

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?
Yes

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the cassette)?
Just put Ha on its own.

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th anniversary?
Great song but no. You mention Killing Joke, everyone says LLB

13. Would it chart again?
Don't think so

14. Most under-rated KJ song
Song And Dance

15. Most over-rated
Love Like Blood (still good though) (see 12)

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ
Human League, New Model Army, The Fall
tried to get a good mix here

17. Last album you bought
Curve - The Way Of The Curve

18. Last film you saw
Master And Commander

19. Last book you read
Bit of a non reader I'm afraid (this is bad)

20. Next album you're going to listen to
Spear Of Destiny - Religion

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
Headcount
I really liked that McClusky song "to hell with good intentions".

22. Your all-time favourite bands
Siouxsie ATB, Gang Of Four, Magazine, PiL(earlier the better), Cocteaus, Chameleons, The Fall, 999, Pixies....etc etc

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"
vey quick off the top of my head...

KJ - Whats This For...
Pistols - Bollocks
New Model Army - Strange Brotherhood
Nine Nine Nine - Nine Nine Nine
Gang Of Four - Solid Gold
The Fall - The Real New Fall LP
Cocteau Twins - Treasure
Invincible - Venus

My god there are so many missing, ah well.