[kj] Cech,Drogs n Robben Cole (geddit ?:-))

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Fri Aug 6 05:52:08 EDT 2004

Your being facetious aren't you?

Subliminal messaging on a 24hour basis tells us that we are incomplete, that we must buy this or that to be more successful.

While I don't advocate the return to a pol popot stylee existence, using horses to pull the plough furrows through fields*, we need to become aware of the furore of deception, distraction and decadence that is simply keeping us slaves to the machine.

Only by acknowledging it and seeing it for what it is can you possibly free yourself from it, but we are human. As each government we elect demonstrates is that nothing changes as they are all subservient to the greater machine, and therefore there is no 'they'.

Some may cite that the machine or state is simply there to maintain the authority of the aristocracy. Some may call for uprising so they can become corrupted by the 'security' of privilege. Orwell pointed all this out much more eloquently a long time ago. Should an ideal be of greater value than life?

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book."

The way I see it Peter, in terms of the age of the earth we are like midges that last for a couple of hours on a summers evening, buzzing around beside the water or trees, dying in the night. Every approx 600 000 years the volcano in Yellowstone park blows up and changes everything. They reckon the last explosion is 650000 years ago so we are due another one in the next 1000 or so years. So our 80 odd years is pretty irrelevant in the bigger picture so, I have to ask, why do we invest so much time in falsehoods?

Our football allegiances, band allegiances, brand allegiances etc are really not that important although they do give us a focus and a social purpose to celebrate, to gather in the same exact method that the 'supposedly' inferior indigenous tribes did on this island a couple of thousand years ago. Have we really developed or do we create the illusion to pretend that we have developed?

Now I asked you about choice after you said that fat people should stop greeting about being fat and start taking personal responsibility. That then must go right across the board rather than selectively targeting groups to create our own podiums of superiority.

We are all people, we all laugh and cry, we all hurt sometimes and we all like to share. They cant sell you that as it's given to you by the creator - whatever you perceive that word to mean - and so lets celebrate our life, gather at the firedances and use the magick weaved by musicians/shamens to take us into states of euphoria so we can be part of the current/the hum of the universe.

That's why we are here isn't it?

* Combat 18 tried to set that up outside Chemlsford! lol

iPat