[kj] VERY, VERY, VERY OT, (and not that exciting, but hey, this is me here) Weird weather...!

J E S T E R webmaster at killing-joke.com
Tue Aug 3 19:52:12 EDT 2004

Well, true and false at the same time. Refraction angle depends on
wavelength, so that splits the white light up. The rainbow is curved
because, in order for an observer to see any particular color, the
light must come in at a given angle. The projection of that is a cone,
and the base of a cone is a circle. You only see half because the
ground gets in the way (people in airplanes get to see whole circles)
and the shadow of your head is at the center of the circle.

J E S T E R