[kj] OT a most august Poll

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 09:23:54 EDT 2004

1. Name
Jamie (aka "the other Jamie")

2. Reached 30 yet?
Long time.

3. Kids?
Emily (15) and Isabel (2)

4. Location
outskirts of London

5. Fave KJ song
If I had to pick *one*... Butcher.

6. Fave KJ album
Difficult... but probably what's THIS for...!

7. Fave KJ member
In what way? To watch live, Geordie.

8. Aspects of last album you would like to see featured in the next one
Chiming guitar on Seeing Red.

9.  Aspects of last album you would like to be abandoned for the next one
Chugging guitar on much of the rest.

10. Will this 25th anniversary gig ever happen?
Yes, but not on the 25th anniversary

11. Should Fire Dances and HA! be re-released as a combined CD (like the cassette)?
I'd like an official re-release of Ha!, ideally with extra stuff.

12. Should Love Like Blood be re-issued as a single for its 20th anniversary?
No.

13. Would it chart again?
Maybe.

14. Most under-rated KJ song
Me or you

15. Most over-rated
D&RS

16. 3 bands you would like to see on the same bill as KJ
Big Black, Stranglers, Amebix

17. Last album you bought
Chaos 4 Breakfast

18. Last film you saw
Troy (with elder daughter) - not as bad as I'd expected

19. Last book you read
The Baghdad Blog, xmas present (yes I'm still working my way through 'em)

20. Next album you're going to listen to
Probably KJ In Concert or whatever it's called (live at Reading '86 etc), 'cos it was in the cd player when I left for work this morning

21. What contemporary bands do you rate
None that I'm gagging for their next release, though that's probably an indication of my age rather than the quality of what's out there.

22. Your all-time favourite bands
Killing Joke, Leftfield, Afrocelt Sound System, Stranglers, The Mob, Zounds, Blyth Power, Chopin, SLF, Ruts, Damned, Selecter,  Clash,

23. Your 8 "Desert Island Discs"
I could spend ages on this (and I've got work to do!) - a selection of some of the above.