[kj] RE: DARKNESS before dawn (OT)

Amy Moseley gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:49:33 -0500

Quoting PRAEst76 <praest76___@dsl.pipex.com>:

> Amy Moseley sed...
>
> > I want to nuke Lowestoft for a completely different reason
> > which I am not going into here.  I've heard some pretty shady
> > things about that place, that it is the equivalent of Atlantic
> > City on the North Sea, and that lewd sex abounds.
>
> What's wrong with lewd sex? I don't get enough lewd sex. It's left my
> social growth stunted.

I said I wasn't going into it here, but Lowestoft is the "best party
town on the North Sea" (LOL) take it from me, cos I did some investigating
on the place!

And it always cracks me up to hear the 'r' which is dropped from words
*ending* in 'r' (in the English accent) slipped back INTO syllables that
end in a vowel.  I cannot tell you how many times I've heard Kazar ;-)
and Lowestoft is definitely not pronounced Low-stoft, as an American
would attempt, but.... Low-re-'stof't (where the s and the t do not
get much emphasis).

At least by the locals ;-) those crazy East Anglians!