[kj] RE: DARKNESS/Rapture/interpol

Amy Moseley gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:50:01 -0500

> And I have to reckon Muse has grown on me a lot, their new album sounds
> really good.

Yeah!  Another Muse fan!

They are at LEAST young.  As I said in an earlier post, there's
no young US band that even interests me (yawn).

This, the third album, builds on the previous album, _Origin Of Symmetry_
but it's certainly not a part II.  And it moves further away from
the "Radiohead-ripoff-sound" that some people decried about the
first album, _Showbiz_.  Matt Bellamy, the lead singer/guitarist/
keyboardist is an EXCELLENT musician, and for that reason alone
worth checking out.  Far more exciting stuff than ANYTHING stateside.

I wish Muse would tour here, but fat fucking chance, since _OOS_
was not even released here!!!!! (_Showbiz_ was.)