[kj] RE:The Rapture

dub gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:43:27 +0100

Alex in NYC said:

"One new band that I've embraced is The Rapture."

Got to agree, new album Echoes is excellent, not to keen on the couple
of ballady tracks, but excellent album all the same (sounds like Robert
Smith on 2nd or 3rd track).
Still in my opinion doesn't come near fellow NY disco/punk stable mates
Radio 4's Gotham, which is again in my opinion, the best thing to come
out of NYC in years (Same producers on both albums, if I'm not
mistaken). Great to see PIL, Gang of Four, Wire and The Clash, reworked
and brought back to life in some regards.

Besides Killing Joke's new album (which I can't stop playing!) recent
listenable CD's have been:

UNKLE - Never, Never, Land
Dread Zone - Sound
Plump DJs - Eargasm
David Holmes Presents The Free Association
Frank Black and the Catholics - Show Me Your Tears & Pistolero
Fila Brazillia - B2
Supper Furry Animals - Phantom Power
DAMIEN DEMPSEY - SEIZE THE DAY (Irish singer/songwriter)
NEW YORK NOISE and Channel 2 (NYC COMPs.)
BELL X1 - Music In Mouth (another excellent Irish band)
Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
Layo & Bushwacka - Nightworks
Electric Six - Fire (Just for Gay Bar alone!)
The Libertines - Up The Bracket
LEE SCRATCH PERRY - Alien Starman

Jaysus, it's great being off work! Been off since Feb. (out sick! NHL)
gives me the chance to listen to what I want and also to work in my
mates record shop, like workin' in Aladdin's cave. But like all good
things will come to an end soon when inevitably I will have to go back
to work.

dub