[kj] RE: DARKNESS/Rapture/interpol

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:23:32 -0500

"I'm developing a taste for Interpol as well . . should I seek help ?"

I'm really frustrated by Interpol, because like you may remember, I thought
they were a criminally uninspired and derivative live act, but I quite like
their album....however unoriginal it may arguably be. Moreover, they've
become a HUGE draw here...they've just added a second night (both sold out,
I believe) at the Roseland Ballroom....which is a pretty big room.

At least their hearts are in the right places....and it's damn refreshing to
hear a new band that doesn't try to splice any semblance of hip-hop into
their music in the slightest.

Alex in NYC