[kj] OT: Mars Volta

Javier Garcia gathering@misera.net
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:24:47 -0400

Went to see The Mars Volta show last saturday night, it was very nice. A lot of improvisation and jamming, I think no song was shorter than 10 minutes; tons of alucinating feedback too (kind of boring for me sometimes though... too much "experimentation" with guitar noises. still, my friends like it very much). Each one of the musicians are good, but i must say the drummer is a freaking beast, plays really wild and good, he played many songs in a more intense-complicated way than in the album versions.

If you like their music and get the chance to see them, don't miss'em...

Javier
mexico city