[kj] NYC gig - Mission Accomplished..

sade1 gathering@misera.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:57:46 -0700 (PDT)

These guys would be a great opening act for the tour
http://www.jimrosecircus.com/pornstar/flash/home.html
all to Ministry songs, like 'Jesus built my hotrod', 'thieves',
'burning inside'...

(w/all due respect to all aid to KJ)
Seems as if helping the band at this is like helping someone who
doesn't necessarily want to be helped. Unless the 'industry'
really has'em over a barrel of liver&maggots,...which seems very
unlikely.
Granted, i dont know 'the music biz', it just kinda fits in w/my
theory that they're-KJ-aren't doing it at all for the money:
   all that airplay they're gettting
    their first video -- thank god Ali G. was outa town
     no 'boots on the ground' marketing:--posters, promos,
      billbooards, commercial announcements, mall appearances
     website crashing out of the Blue
    the size of the venues
   the massive media blitz
  difficulties getting tix
                   (shades of 1996...)
And none of this would really bother me, except if it kills the
tour on us here, stateside.

I just hope Russell Crowe's or Dennis Quaid's bands don't bump
KJ from any already existing club-dates, or Keanu showing up
w/Dogstar (are you Sirius?!) on promoters' radar, then all bets
will be called off...I see Jazz Summers scurrying down the
ship's ropes to shore and to the bank to cash in his checks
before Jaz attacks.

Say it isn't so.

--- Jester <webmaster@killing-joke.com> wrote:
> street level