[kj] Bush, you sexy beast you..

dub gathering@misera.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:20:54 +0100

Aye me and all, all right selling' bits of peat and cans of Irish air,
but selling our neutrality, is most definitely not something I want to
see sold at any price, but to the government jobs was the price, our
whole economy still very much depends on US (whether I like it or not)
EU or no EU, and I work for large US multinational pc manufacturer (sold
my soul to HELL!), but fuck it makes me angry! The Celtic tiger as the
boom was known, (our Thatcher years) has come and gone and left behind
it an ever widening gap between them that have and them that have not,
as a result the cost of living in Ireland compared to any EU member
state is a joke, we are being ripped off left right and centre and not a
blind thing will people do. On a local level in Dublin, they have jailed
two seating TDs (members of parliament/dail) over the non payment of
bins tax, an unjust double taxation (my english neighbours may better
know that as poll tax) and people are starting to make their voices
heard, but through shame, intimidation and general bullying people are
paying it. Meanwhile crime is up in most parts of Ireland but especially
in Dublin, gangland style executions are now a regular part of life as
is murder, this saddens me, as it is the reason I choose to stay in
Ireland. A safe place to bring up a family, but now it really is a case
of everyman for himself, the same as most modern cities, so Ireland has
grown up, but like manys the child in Ireland been abused by church and
state. I may paint a bleak picture, of course it has it's pluses, I
still love it, this septic isle!

Dub

PS Happy Belated birthday wishes Rob good to know your on yer feet!
...ouch
agus cunas a ta tu Rosanna, failte go de na Gathering! :o)
Roll on Oct. 14th and I can vent some of me anger!