[kj] Wulfren Hall tkts arrived from wayahead.com ...

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:27:59 +0100

My memory is poor, but when they played there a few years ago, on, I =
think, the 1st night of a tour after another extended absence, their =
were loads of "alternative-looking" folks about in Wolverhampton, and =
queuing for what I thought was the Wulfrun. I was quite pleased... =
Killing Joke still popular I thought.

I went to the pub first, (meeting Jayne & Mik from Worthing, who also =
followed that tour, for the first time), then headed to the venue. =
Joined the queue to get in, but when I arrived, I was told my ticket =
wasn't valid, and that I should go around the corner to the Wulfrun?? It =
turned out I'd been queuing at the Civic Centre for the Almighty!! An =
easy mistake to make, Jayne & Mik did likewise a little later, and both =
halls are in the same building.

Anyway - when I finally got into the right venue, the true picture =
emerged, and about 20 other people shared the largish hall with me. =
Admittedly it did fill out a bit later, but I seem to remember it =
remaining far from packed.

Lets hope they can do a little better this time?? Jane