[kj] Prague set-list

Astrid Pretterhofer gathering@misera.net
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:32:38 +0200 (MEST)

hi friends,
back from Prague and totally exhausted, but i thought i'll take a few
minutes to write about the show.
it was absolutely brilliant, best one so far i've seen, without a doubt. Jaz
seemed to really have enjoyed it, though (or because) he at times seemed to
be too drunk / high to be able to read the setlist taped on the floor! ;)
however, the below setlist was the one that was taped on the stage-floor,
but the correct one was, like someone mentioned, Communion as first song and no
Asteroid. like Pavel said, the Cechomor-violinist came on stage for both
Communion and Pandemonium (so it was first and last song).
also big surprise was that they played Loose Cannon, and it was a very nice
one in fact - well, no flaws anyway in this show!
Seeing Red had a funny side to it, since Jaz wanted the audience to sing (or
scream rather) the second "red", while he would do the the first and so on,
but somehow it all went strange when in the end there only was one big "red"
somewhere in the middle, but definitely not in the right place. looked like
he was laughing hardly about that fact.
the whole set was extremely powerful and i've never before felt this
intensity then in this small venue, stuffed with 300 people with the heat-level
rising faster than in an oven! hell, yes, it was worth every eurocent paid and
every unconvenience taken for this travel.
also it was very nice to meet so many people for the first time or see them
again. and we had a wonderful time after the show, too. hanging around in the
backstage-room was quite relaxed and the night was lovely and warm, the pub
later had delicious and cheap food....
Raven was one of the loveliest persons in the world, i can tell you, btw.
and he told me that there is a possibility that in february / march there might
be some more european dates, which would be just perfect! i'll even consider
going to Prague again! :)
also at least parts of the show were recorded by czech television, so i hope
Pavel will keep an eye open if the footage will show up somewhere. apart
from that there was a guy running around with a small camera recording stuff for
the live-dvd he told me will be released sometime in spring next year,
though nothing definite now.
btw.: before Empire Song, Jaz said that this song was written about the
British Empire, but now it was known as the American Empire....
okay, that shall be it for now, i have to prepare myself for going to
Vienna. i'll be trying to upload some new pictures tomorrow, though most of them
are too blurry because this stupid security-guy told me to switch off the
flash! :(
however, you'll be delighted, that i'll be bringing you a little surprise
later on - so just patience! :)

cheers,
Astrid.