[kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel

Amy Moseley gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:34:32 -0500

Quoting Alex Smith <vassifer@earthlink.net>:

> Then it came out....the EDGE is clear channel, and Killing Joke does not
> play ball in the Clear Channel game of who we play goes to the highest
> bidder.

Right.  Payola.  Remember how that was oh-so-controversial?

Given that radio frequencies are allocated by the government, and
*must* serve the community interest in order to be renewed, I
think we music fans ought to riot at every opportunity when
one of these frequencies comes up for renewal.  Any station that
has its playlist predetermined by folks 1,000 miles away is NOT
open to the unique needs of the community it serves.