[kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:45:45 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3146643945_392542_MIME_Part

What a fuckin' asshole!

Alex in NYC

----------
From: Jester <webmaster@killing-joke.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Subject: Re: [kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel
Date: Wed, Sep 17, 2003, 10:36 AM

Talked to one of the DJs at KDGE The Edge 102.1 Sunday night. And talked to
Josh (joshontheedge@hotmail.com)

Just to simply request Killing Joke.

He said NO!. The EDGE only plays good music, (This said whilst they were
playing the Ataris)
So I inquired, if that were true, why were they playing shit like the
Ataris, Bowling For Soup, and Eve 6? He responded with Killing Joke hasnt
been good for 16 or 17 years. My response? Judging by your play list, are
you even 16 17 years old?
He also made a comment to the effect that having Dave on the album didnt
make them a good band. True. But John, Danny and Dave all but fighting to
record on this album speaks volumes on how great they really are. He
didnt/couldnt respond to that.

Then it came out....the EDGE is clear channel, and Killing Joke does not
play ball in the Clear Channel game of who we play goes to the highest
bidder.

What is REALLY sad is the fact that BOTH stations that would play the Joke
in DallASS are Clear Channel.

Keeping the Fire Alive with HONOUR!
Occisio Locatio

The Web Master,
Jester
www.killing-joke.com
www.parallax1.com

--MS_Mac_OE_3146643945_392542_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BR>
What a fuckin' asshole!<BR>
<BR>
Alex in NYC<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Talked to one of the DJs at KDGE The Edge 102.1 Sunday night. A=
nd talked to Josh (<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><U>joshontheedge@hot=
mail.com</U></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2">)<BR>
</FONT><BR>
Just to simply request Killing Joke.<BR>
<BR>
He said NO!. The EDGE only plays good music, (This said whilst they were pl=
aying the Ataris)<BR>
So I inquired, if that were true, why were they playing shit like the Atari=
s, Bowling For Soup, and Eve 6? He responded with Killing Joke hasnt been go=
od for 16 or 17 years. My response? Judging by your play list, are you even =
16 17 years old? <BR>
He also made a comment to the effect that having Dave on the album didnt ma=
ke them a good band. True. But John, Danny and Dave all but fighting to reco=
rd on this album speaks volumes on how great they really are. He didnt/could=
nt respond to that. <BR>
<BR>
Then it came out....the EDGE is clear channel, and Killing Joke does not pl=
ay ball in the Clear Channel game of who we play goes to the highest bidder.=
<BR>
<BR>
What is REALLY sad is the fact that BOTH stations that would play the Joke =
in DallASS are Clear Channel.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Keeping the Fire Alive with HONOUR! <BR>
Occisio Locatio <BR>
<BR>
The Web Master, <BR>
Jester <BR>
www.killing-joke.com <BR>
www.parallax1.com <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3146643945_392542_MIME_Part--