[kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:45:04 +0100

Are Killing Joke a good band? Well my 19 year old son who is a big MM f=
an
now has a copy of the new LP - at his request! He said, "the more I lis=
ten
to it, the more I like it"=2E And to sum it up, that's what KJ are miss=
ing=2E
Airplay! If young people heard the LP, if it were played as much as say=

Bowling For Soup, then I'm sure that they would be far more popular tha=
most of the current bands played on Kerrang and the like=2E

BTW: My granddaughter also thinks its a great LP! Just put it on the st=
ereo
and she starts bouncing up and down - and that's a one year old with no=

media induced preconceptions=2E

Mik

                                                                       =
                                               =20
                    Jester                                             =
                                               =20
                    <webmaster@killing       To:     <gathering@misera=2E=
net>                                           =20
                    -joke=2Ecom>               cc:                     =
                                                 =20
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: [kj] Spea=
king of=2E=2E=2E Bastards at ClearChannel            =20
                    gathering-admin@mi                                 =
                                               =20
                    sera=2Enet                                         =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                               =20
                    17/09/2003 16:36                                   =
                                               =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                               =20
                    gathering                                          =
                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                               =20

Talked to one of the DJ's at KDGE The Edge 102=2E1 Sunday night=2E And =
talked
to Josh (joshontheedge@hotmail=2Ecom)

Just to simply request Killing Joke=2E

He said NO!=2E The EDGE only plays good music, (This said whilst they w=
ere
playing the Atari's)
So I inquired, if that were true, why were they playing shit like the
Atari's, Bowling For Soup, and Eve 6? He responded with Killing Joke ha=
sn't
been good for 16 or 17 years=2E My response? Judging by your play list,=
 are
you even 16 ?17 years old?
He also made a comment to the effect that having Dave on the album didn=
't
make them a good band=2E True=2E But John, Danny and Dave all but fight=
ing to
record on this album speaks volumes on how great they really are=2E He
didn't/couldn't respond to that=2E

Then it came out=2E=2E=2E=2Ethe EDGE is clear channel, and Killing Joke=
 does not
play ball in the Clear Channel game of "who we play goes to the highest=

bidder"=2E

What is REALLY sad is the fact that BOTH stations that would play the J=
oke
in DallASS are Clear Channel=2E

Keeping the Fire Alive with HONOUR!
Occisio Locatio

The Web Master,
Jester
www=2Ekilling-joke=2Ecom
www=2Eparallax1=2Ecom

***********************************************************************=
*****************

Mik Raven
Redwood Systems Ltd
Headway Business Park, Denby Dale Road, Wakefield, WF2 7AZ=2E
Tel  +44 (0) 1924 880750
Fax +44 (0) 1924 880759
MRaven@redwoodsystems=2Eco=2Euk

For more details about Redwood Systems Ltd please see
www=2Eredwoodsystems=2Eco=2Euk

***********************************************************************=
*****************

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and inten=
ded
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are address=
ed=2E
We apologise if you have received this email in error and ask that you
please notify the sender immediately by return mail and delete this mai=
and any attachments without retaining a copy=2E
Any representations (contractual or otherwise), views or opinions prese=
nted
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those o=
the company=2E