[kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel

Jester gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:36:32 -0500

--B_3146639793_4337003

Talked to one of the DJ=B9s at KDGE The Edge 102.1 Sunday night. And talked t=
Josh (joshontheedge@hotmail.com)

Just to simply request Killing Joke.

He said NO!. The EDGE only plays good music, (This said whilst they were
playing the Atari=B9s)
So I inquired, if that were true, why were they playing shit like the
Atari=B9s, Bowling For Soup, and Eve 6? He responded with Killing Joke hasn=B9t
been good for 16 or 17 years. My response? Judging by your play list, are
you even 16 =AD17 years old?
He also made a comment to the effect that having Dave on the album didn=B9t
make them a good band. True. But John, Danny and Dave all but fighting to
record on this album speaks volumes on how great they really are. He
didn=B9t/couldn=B9t respond to that.

Then it came out....the EDGE is clear channel, and Killing Joke does not
play ball in the Clear Channel game of =B3who we play goes to the highest
bidder=B2.

What is REALLY sad is the fact that BOTH stations that would play the Joke
in DallASS are Clear Channel.

Keeping the Fire Alive with HONOUR!
Occisio Locatio=20

The Web Master,=20
Jester=20
www.killing-joke.com
www.parallax1.com=20

--B_3146639793_4337003

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [kj] Speaking of... Bastards at ClearChannel</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Talked to one of the DJ=
&#8217;s at KDGE The Edge 102.1 Sunday night. And talked to Josh (</SPAN></F=
ONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'>joshon=
theedge@hotmail.com)<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><B=

Just to simply request Killing Joke.<BR>
<BR>
He said NO!. The EDGE only plays good music, (This said whilst they were pl=
aying the Atari&#8217;s)<BR>
So I inquired, if that were true, why were they playing shit like the Atari=
&#8217;s, Bowling For Soup, and Eve 6? He responded with Killing Joke hasn&#=
8217;t been good for 16 or 17 years. My response? Judging by your play list,=
 are you even 16 &#8211;17 years old? <BR>
He also made a comment to the effect that having Dave on the album didn&#82=
17;t make them a good band. True. But John, Danny and Dave all but fighting =
to record on this album speaks volumes on how great they really are. He didn=
&#8217;t/couldn&#8217;t respond to that. <BR>
<BR>
Then it came out....the EDGE is clear channel, and Killing Joke does not pl=
ay ball in the Clear Channel game of &#8220;who we play goes to the highest =
bidder&#8221;.<BR>
<BR>
What is REALLY sad is the fact that BOTH stations that would play the Joke =
in DallASS are Clear Channel.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Keeping the Fire Alive with HONOUR! <BR>
Occisio Locatio <BR>
<BR>
The Web Master, <BR>
Jester <BR>