[kj] Chicago venue, Midwest shows

Jiri s gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:59:57 -0700 (PDT)

Chicago-familiar Gatherers, any tips on getting
to/parking/training near the Metro Smart Bar? (Tickets
on sale this Saturday, yee-ha!) I'm hoping to stay
with a friend who just moved there, but that may fall
through, and I imagine she's less familiar with the
area than I am!

And I found this amusing (sad?)...at the Milwaukee
venue's site: These "messingers" are touring in
support of UP!
http://www.therave.com/eventinfo.asp?ID=1383

"Apocalyptic messingers riding an industrial-strength
thrash-disco-metal exoress, Killing Joke seem magnets
for both rabid fans and intense controversy. Since
their first hit "Requiem," they have produced several
urgent slabs of molten dynamite that ooze with thick
guitars, thudding drums and over-the-top vocals. They
scored with hard-edged but danceable singles like
"Psyche" and "Follow The Leader." Now they're touring
in support of their latest release, The Unperverted
Pantomime. Dive into the murky depths offered by these
unique alternative heralds, who few groups can match
for sheer, enticing intensity."

Cheers,
JS