[kj] OT: R.Kelly Likens Self to Bin Laden

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:50:04 +0200 (MEST)

i fully agree here: consensuality is the keyword!
i, for one, am in a relationship for 12 years now - and i wasn't even 16
when we got involved. still, he wasn't my first "love", nor relationship or
sexpartner. (even if this is a case of it's own - but i think this doesn't belong
here!)
the thing is, that it's not about to protect our youth with saying it's okay
to have sex for teens from a certain age. it's a growing-process and
therefore far more complex. you can't say that a boy / girl is ready for sexuality
with a certain age, it varies to great extend.
now saying that it's a difference if it's two 15year-olds or a 15-year-old
and a 23-year-old, is just a morality-thing. moreso if you go further by
taking things into account like is he married, is it a one-night (or minute!
LOL)-stand. it shouldn't make a difference, because this 15-year-old girl did it
because she wanted to. and as long as she was okay with the situation,
neighter parents no government should have the right to interfere. (and concerning
the pregnancy- / desease-question: that doesn't apply to sex between
different-aged only, does it?) it's very important, in my understanding, that a young
adult (and that's what a 15-yo is in my opinion) is learning how to make
decisions on her / his own and to do so, it takes the freedom of choice. sure,
this too is a process and therefore is best done step by step....
Astrid.