[kj] Finer points on Geordie's sound

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:36:20 EST

--part1_136.26685db5.2cd3bf54_boundary

As long as we're chatting about guitar sounds...

It's just opinion-mongering, but I think his guitar tone on the new cd is a
perfect match for the new songs--they complement each other.  I had to make a
break with the sounds he had in the past and approach the new songs with fresh
ears--then it works.

My take is that the songs wouldn't "work" if he used the tones he had in the
past (including the tones on the Damage Manual songs).  Each new Killing Joke
release (I think) has some element of evolution to it - in both songwriting
and in tone/sonic textures.  That's the most stunning thing to me about Killing
Joke and what makes looking forward to the next release so fulfilling---you
know it will be great-and it won't be a rehash of the same old thing.

We'll see some of you in Detroit tonight.....trick or Joke?

--part1_136.26685db5.2cd3bf54_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">As long as we're chatting about guitar sounds...<BR>
<BR>
It's just opinion-mongering, but I think his guitar tone on the new cd is a=20=
perfect match for the new songs--they complement each other.&nbsp; I had to=20=
make a break with the sounds he had in the past and approach the new songs w=
ith fresh ears--then it works. <BR>
<BR>
My take is that the songs wouldn't "work" if he used the tones he had in the=
 past (including the tones on the Damage Manual songs).&nbsp; Each new Killi=
ng Joke release (I think) has some element of evolution to it - in both song=
writing and in tone/sonic textures.&nbsp; That's the most stunning thing to=20=
me about Killing Joke and what makes looking forward to the next release so=20=
fulfilling---you know it will be great-and it won't be a rehash of the same=20=
old thing.<BR>
<BR>
We'll see some of you in Detroit tonight.....trick or Joke?</FONT></HTML>

--part1_136.26685db5.2cd3bf54_boundary--